- Visiting Professor, Management and Science University. (2019-To date)
- Associate Professor, Deputy Dean, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman. (2009-2019)
- Associate Professor, Management and Science University. (2007-2009)
- Senior Lecturer, Monash University Malaysia. (2003-2007)
- Committee Members for Monash University Research Committee, Post Graduate Research Operation Committee, University Library Committee, and Academic Progress Committee. (2003-2007)
- Senior Lecturer /Researcher (Assistant Head of Accounting Group), Multimedia University, Malaysia. (1998-2003)
- Accounts Executive, Sun Hong Food Co Ltd. (1997-1998)
- Management Trainee, Brilliant Plastic Industries Sdn.Bhd. (1995-1996)
Doctor of Philosophy
- Ahamed Lebbe Mohamed Jameel. Impact of Foreign Exchange Rate on Stock Market: A Study on Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Expected Date of Completion: Sept 2020
- A.H.N. Kariyawasam. The Impact of Management Controls on the Performance of the Manufacturing Sector Companies in Sri Lanka
Completion Date: Dec 2014
- Ma YanWei Regional Culture Tourism Competetiveness in Jingsu Province of China
Completion Date: Dec 2019
- Rebecca Yew Ming Yian Corporate Governance and Its Implication on Earnings Management under Different Economic Environments
Completion Date: Dec 2018
- Darmesh Krishanan Consumers’ Perceived Interactivity & Intention to Use Mobile Activity
Completion Date: September 2017
- Damayanthi Jayawardane. Factors Affecting Tax Compliance Among Individual Taxpayers in Sri Lanka
Completion Date: Dec 2018
- DigoThalattaniralage Kingsley Bernard. Entrepreneurial Success for Women of the Microfinance Sector in Sri Lanka.
Completion Date: February 2018
Master of Philosophy
- Lin Yuan. University Graduates’ Employability: A Study On Yang Zhou City In China
Completion Date: July 2017
|MEMBERSHIP OF ADVISORY BOARDS COMMITTEES / PROFESSIONAL BODIES：
- Malaysia Qualification Agency – Panel (2019-To date)
- External examiner and Member of Board of Senate for Malaysia Association of Company Secretary (MACS). (2009-2019)
- External Reviewer – Special Issue on Knowledge-base Economy (2009-2019)
- Ahli Panel Penilai, National Accreditation Board (Malaysia Qualification Agency) (2009-2019)
【Doctor】The Implementation and Cost Justification of Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
【Master】Corporate Social Reporting – A Tough Road to Implementation & Concept of Responsibility.
||2018 - National Outstanding Educator Award (University Category)
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin & Law Kian Aun (2011). Managerial Research in China Corporations. United Publishing House Sdn. Bhd. ISBN: 978-983-01-0510-9
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2012). INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN MANAGEMENT. Information and Communication Technology. pp. 133- 148. Inrewi Publication, UK.
- Andy L. Y. Low, Chai Yin Ong & L. T. Low. (2005). A Roadmap of Multimedia Based Learning and Online Knowledge Sharing Networks. Issues in Higher Education. Chapter 4, pp. 83-114. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. US.
- Poon Wai-Ching, Low Kevin Lock-Teng, & Yong David Gun-Fie (2004). Factors Influencing the Effectiveness of a Web-Based Learning (WBL) Environment: An Assessment from the Malaysia Perspective. In Morgan, K., Brebbia, C.A., Sanchez, J., and Voiskounsky, A. (Eds.), Human Perspectives in the Internet Society: Culture, Psychology and Gender, pp.479-488. Southampton, Boston: WIT Press. ISBN: 1-85312-726-4.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2005). Issues of Corporate Governance. Perspective of Corporate Governance & Management.
- John, Kevin Low L. Teng, Iqbal & Subramaniam (2002), "Fundamentals of Financial Accounting", Prentice Hall.
- Ahamed Lebbe Mohamed Jameel & Kevin Low Lock Teng (Printing In Progress, 2020). The Exchange Rates and Stock Prices: Evidence from Colombo Stock Exchange.
- Hui Shan Lee, Lock Teng Low, Kevin, Shyue Chuan Chong, Bik Kai Sia (2018) Influence of Secondary and Tertiary Literacy on Life Insurance Consumption: Case of Selected ASEAN Countries. Vol. 43, Issue 1. ISSN: 1018-5895 (Print) 1468-0440 (Online)
- The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice. ISSN: 10185895. Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan Ltd. DOI: 10.1057/gpp.2016.13 (Scopus)
- Aye Aye Khin, Low Lock Teng, Kevin, Ling Leh Bin, Raymond, Hogn Chau Wong (2018) Forecasting Technology Using for Dynamic Natural Rubber Production Models in Selected Asean Countries and World Market. Advanced Science Letters. Volume 24, Number 5, May 2018, pp. 3368-3373(6)
- Aye Aye Khin, Thambiah, S. and Kevin Low Lock Teng (2017). Short-term and Long-term Investment Decisions for Natural Rubber Industry in Malaysia: An Econometric Approach. International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology.
- Effects of Age on Consumers' Intention to Use Mobile Banking. International Journal of Novel Research in Marketing Management and Economics Novelty Journals (2017) 4(1), 1–4.
- D.T. Kingsley Bernard, Kevin Low Lock Teng & Aye Aye Khin (2016). Entrepreneurial Success through Microfinance Services among Women Entrepreneurs in Sri Lanka: A Pilot Study and Overview of the Findings. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues. SCOPUS (Impact factor (SJR): 0.194). Publisher: EconJournals ISSN: 2164-4138
- Damayanthi Jayawardane and Kevin Low Lock Teng (2016). Taxpayer Attitudes and Tax compliance Decision in Sri Lanka.- How the taxpayers' Attitudes influence Tax compliance decision among individual Taxpayers' in Colombo City in Colombo District). International Journal of Arts and Commerce. Vol. 5 No. 2. ISSN: 1929-7106.
- Darmesh Krishanan, Aye Aye Khin, Kevin Low Lock Teng and Karuthan Chinna (2016). Consumers’ Perceived Interactivity and Intention to use Mobile Banking in Structural Equation Modeling. International Review of Management and Marketing, 2016, 6(4), 883-890
- Darmesh Krishanan, Kevin Low Lock Teng & Siti Khalidah (2016). Mediating Effects of Attitude Towards Consumers' Perceived Interactivity In Using Mobile Banking. Journal of Global Business and Social Entrepreneurship (GBSE) Vol. 3: no. 5 (2016) page 95–106. eISSN 24621714
- Darmesh Krishanan, Aye Aye Khin and Kevin Low Lock Teng. 2016. An Empirical Analysis of Consumers’ Intention to Use Mobile Banking Services in Malaysia. Journal of Global Business Advancement (JGBA), (Scopus Index Journal), ISSN: 1746-9678, paper no: JGBA-132181, http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=jgba. (In Progress)
- Khin, Aye Aye, Seethaletchumy Thambiah and Kevin Low Lock Teng. 2016. Short-term and Long-term Investment Decisions based on Natural Rubber Price Forecasting: An Econometric Approach. International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, (Scopus Index Journal), ISSN: 1741-5004, paper no: IJARGE-125365,http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijarge#absindex. (In Progress)
- Darmesh Krishanan, Aye Aye Khin and Kevin Low Lock Teng. 2015. Attitude towards Using Mobile Banking in Malaysia: A Conceptual Framework. British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade, (ISI Journal), ISSN: 2278-098X, 7(4), pp: 306-315, http://sciencedomain.org/issue/981
- Law KA, Kevin Low L.T., Teddy Lian K. F. & Yong S.L (December 2015). Sun Zi Art of War And Chinese Corporate Leadership: An Inductive Analysis. Australian Journal Of Basic And Applied Sciences. ISSN 1991-8178.
- Chen Lee Wan, Kevin Low L.T., Sia B.K., Chong S.C. (2015) Emotional Intelligence and Learner's Origin among Undergraduate Students. Advanced Science Letters. American Scientific Publishers. pp 1370-1372. ISSN 1936-6612. (ISI Web of Science)
- Chong Shyue Chuan, Sia Bik Kai, Kevin Low Lock Teng & Falahat (2014). Organic Food: A New Perception among Chinese Youths in Malaysia. International Journal of Academic Research. Vol. 6, Part 6, pp.45-55.
- Kariyawasam A.H.N & Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2014). Impact of Management Control Systems on the Normalized Profits of Manufacturing Companies in Sri Lanka. International Journal of Arts & Commerce, UK.
- Hong Chau Wong & Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2013). Economic Development Cointegration and Malaysian Life and General Insurance Consumption. Australian Journal of Basis and Applied Sciences. Thomson Reuters.
- Bik Kai Sia & Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2012). Determinants of Willingness to Pay of Organic Food. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research. Idosi Publication.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2012). Time to Wake Up! - Sustainable Responsible Business Reporting in Malaysian Companies. British Journal of Arts and Social Science. Vol. 7, Part 2, Pp122-132. British Journal Publishing, Inc.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin & Kean Kok Ng (2012). Integrated Reporting. Journal of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Vol. 1, pp.11-15.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin & Shyue Chuan Chong (2012). Sustainable Economy Development: A Perspective from ICT Loops in Developing Nations. Technology in Management, pp 133-148. Inrewi Publication UK.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2011). The Sustainability of Ict Economy Development. International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics and Management. Ulrich's Periodicals Directory ©, Proquest, U.S.A., Vol. 1, pp 25-32
- Shyue Chuan Chong & Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2011). The Time and Financial Transfers among the Older Persons in Malaysia. International Journal of Academic Research. Vol. 3, Part 6, pp. 47-53.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2011). Sustainable Development Weltanschavvng: Beyond Theories into Reality. Vol 1. Pp136-161. Prinsip and Insap (Institute of Strategic Analysis and Policy Research)
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin, Ong Seng Fook & Law Kian Aun (2011). Corporate Governance Assessment in Company Board Structure. African Journal of Business Management. Vol. 5, Part 4. Pp 1177-1183. Academic Journal Limited
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2011). The Sustainability of ICT Economy Development. International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics and Management. Vol. 1 Part 7. pp. 25-32. Ulrich's Periodicals Directory ©, Proquest, U.S.A.,
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin et. al. (2011). The Time and Financial Transfers Among the Older Persons In Malaysia. International Journal of Academic Research, US. Vol 3. Part 6. pp 47 – 53, Progress IPS LLC.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin and Wai Ching Poon (2008). The Utilisation of Fuzzy Logic in Corporate Governance Assessment in Business Economics. International Journal of Corporate Governance, US. Vol. 1 No 2. Inderscience.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin & Ananda Samudhram (2008). “Valuing Human Resources – from the costing perspective”. Journal of Intellectual Capital, UK. Vol 9. No 4.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin and Wai Ching Poon (2007). The Use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) by Manufacturing Firms in Different Industries: A Costing Survey from Malaysian Perspective. International Journal of Management, UK. Vol. 27. No 2.
- Wai Ching Poon & Low Lock Teng, Kevin. 2005. Sunrise of Business Corporate Governance in Malaysia. Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts (ICFAI) Journal of Corporate Governance.
- Wai Ching Poon & Low Lock Teng, Kevin. 2005. Are Travellers Satisfied With Malaysian Hotels? – A Cost Perspective. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. USA V.17, No.3, 29.
- Seetharaman A & Low Lock Teng, Kevin. The measurement of Intellectual Capital in Malaysia. Journal of Intellectual Capital, UK. Volume 5, No. 4, 2004.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin, Bala Shanmugam & Yong Gun Fie. 2004. The Enigma of Corporate Governance. Journal of Corporate Ownership and Control, Vol. 1, Issue 3.
- Wai Ching, Poon, Low Lock Teng, Kevin & Yong Gun Fie 2004. A Study of the Web Based Learning (WBL) Environment in Malaysia. International Journal of Educational Management (UK). Vol 18, No. 6, pp. 374-385.
- Low, Kevin Lock Teng & Seetharaman A. 2004. The selection and management of cost justification techniques among Advanced Manufacturing Technology companies in Malaysia. International Journal of Management, UK. Volume 21, No1.
- Low, Kevin Lock Teng & Seetharaman A. 2003. Towards a better manufacturing sector: A perspective on the implementation of advanced manufacturing technology in Malaysia. International Journal of Management, UK Volume 20, No.4.
- Low Lock Yen, A., Kevin Low L.T. and V.C. Koo. 2003. Multimedia Learning Systems: A Future Interactive Educational Tool. The Internet and Higher Education, Volume 6, Issue 1, pp.25-40.
- M.M Lai, L.T. Low & M.L Lai. 2001. “Investment Practices of Malaysian Institutional Investor”, Journal of Psychology and Financial Market. Texas, USA.
Vol. 2, No 4, pp 209-214.
- L.T. Low, A. Seetharaman & W.C. Poon. 2001. "What Do Institutional Investors Want? Evidence from Malaysia" Corporate Governance International, Vol. 4, Issue 4.
- L.T. Low & M. Matzain 2001. "Segmental Reporting: An Insight into Malaysia’s Companies", Social Science Research Network- Accounting Research Network Journal, http://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=293522, USA.
- L.T. Low, Kevin & A. Seetharaman. 2001. "The Sustainability of Business Corporate Governance: Evidence from the Malaysia Public-Listed Companies", Social Science Research Network- Accounting Research Network Journal: Corporate Finance: Governance, Corporate Control and Organization, http://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=294577, USA.
- Aye Aye Khin, Wong Hong Chau, Lim Chee Seong, Raymond Ling Leh Bin, & Kevin Low Lock Teng. (2016). Stationarity Test with a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity in Exchange rate forecasting Models. AIP Conference Proceedings - The 3rd ISM International Statistical Conference 2016 (ISM III).
- Kevin Low L. T., Lee Hui San, Sia B.K. & Chong S.C. (2015) Growth Opportunity of Insurance Industry and Its Determinants in the Selected Countries of ASEAN. 4th International Conference on Technology Management, Business and Entrepreneurship. ISBN 2039-2117.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin & Ng Kean Kok (2012). Integrated Reporting. Journal of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Vol 1. Pp. 11 – Pp 15.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2007). Accounting Practices from the Malaysian SME Perspective. Journal of the Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries. Vol. 37.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2007). 8 Ways to Detect the Enrons and Transmiles – how do you identify companies that are manipulating their accounts? The Edge. Issue 73 pg 34 – 41.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2007). The Relevance of Balanced Score Card – A Perspective from Small Medium Enterprise. Journal of the Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries. Vol. 33.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2004). Strategic Management Accounting in the 21st Century. Journal of the Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries. Vol. 25.
- Low, Kevin Lock Teng (2003). Should We Get Married? A View of Mergers, Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances. The Journal of the Malaysian Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators. December. May, pp. 16-18.
- Kevin Low Lock Teng (2002), Learning Organisation: The Generative Cycle. The Journal of the Malaysian Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrations. December, pp.25- 28.
- Low, Kevin Lock Teng & Seetharaman A. (Dec 2002). The Implementation of AMT in Malaysia. Journal of Malaysian Institute of Accountants. Vol.15 (11).
- Low Lock Teng, K, Mazlina Matzain and Yang Wei Ken (2000), “Electronic Commerce” Journal of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), Nov/Dec Vol. 13 No 10, pp 48 International Conference.
- Kevin Low L.T. (2001) “Issues of Corporate Governance” The Star, 9 January, Business, pp 10.
- Moderating Effects Of Age & Education On Consumers' Perceived Interactivity & Intention to Use Mobile Banking in Malaysia: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach. International Conference on Humanities, Language, Culture & Business, Penang 2017 [Conference + Journal]
Journal of Global Business and Social Entrepreneurship (GBSE)
- Darmesh Krishanan, Low Lock Teng, Kevin & Aye Aye Khin (2015). Consumers’ Perceived Interactivity of Mobile Banking Usage: A Conceptual Review Proceedings of the AGBA 12th World Congress, Malaysia.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin & Ananda Samudhram (2008). Taking the information superhighway to sustainable economic success: the pitfalls of cyber crime in developing nations. "Business, Environment, International Competitiveness and Sustainable Development of the Asia Pacific Economies" UK Conference.
- Low Lock Teng, Kevin and Wai Ching Poon (2008). Cost Justification Techniques of Advanced Manufacturing Technology – A Perspective from the Malaysian Companies. International Academy of Business and Economics Annual Conference Proceedings, Las Vegas, US. Track: POM-III.
- Ong Soo Geok, Alex See & Low Lock Teng, Kevin (2004). Fuzzy Logic in Corporate Governance. 2004 NTU International Conference on Finance. Dec 20-21, 2004, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Poon Wai-Ching, Low Kevin Lock-Teng, & Yong David Gun-Fie (2004). Factors Influencing the Effectiveness of Web-Based Learning (WBL) Environment: An Assessment from the Malaysia Perspective. Paper presented in the First International Conference on New Learning 2004: New Learning Paradigms and New Learning Tools, May 10-12, 2004, Skiathos, Greece; Organised by Wessex Institute of Technology, UK and the University of Bergen, Norway.
- L.L. Chong, L.T. Low, S.H. Tan, V.C. Yap (2001), “ The dynamic linkages between capital inflows and growth: The emerging market of Malaysia”, Asia Pacific of Finance Association (APFA), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, 21-25 July.
- Mazlina Matzain and L.T.Low, Kevin (2001), “Corporate Social Reporting – A Malaysian Case”, Global Business and Technology Association (GBATA) 2001
International Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, July.
- L.T. Low, Kevin, Mazlina Matzain, and S.K. Johl (2001), “Segmental Reporting: Evidence from the Malaysian Companies”, Financial Reporting and Business Communication Research Unit, Fifth International Annual Conference, University of Cardiff, Cardiff Business School, UK, 5-6 July.
- L.T. Low, Kevin, A. Seetharaman and Wai Ching Poon (2001)," The sustainability Framework of Business Corporate Governance: Evidence from the Malaysia Public-Listed Companies", British Accounting Association Special Interest Group on Corporate Governance, 2nd International Conference, International Developments in Corporate Governance, Cardiff Business School UK, 14 Dec.
- M.M. Lai, P.L. Chin & L.T. Low, Kevin (1999), “Investment Practices of Institutional Investor: Evidence From the Malaysian Stock Market”, 7th Tun Abdul Razak International Conference, Business and Management In Southeast Asia Advancing Theory and Practice. 2-4 December
- K.T. Chan, M.M. Lai, L.T. Low & V.C.Yap (1999), “A Case Study of Institutional Measures to Counteract the Financial Crisis in Malaysia”, Eighth Conference On The Theories and Practices Of Security And Financial Markets, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 11-12 December.
- External Consultant, British American Tobacco (2013)
- External Consultant, British American Tobacco (2016)
- A Preliminary Study of the Impact of The Media Campaign for Prevention of Irregular Migration From Malaysia to the United Kingdom (2010)
British High Commission, Kuala Lumpur
|EXTERNAL RESEARCH GRANT
- The Impact of ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) on the Malaysia Economy
Centre for Strategic Engagement Sdn. Bhd.
Amount: RM50, 000
Duration: 1 September 2015 – 31 August 2016
- Market Assessment and Business Analysis: Hardware Retailers in Klang Valley Malaysia
Newell Rubbermaid (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Amount: RM20, 000
Duration: 23 February 2016 – 22 January 2017
|SPEAKER FOR SEMINAR
- Speaker - Financial Management and Wealth Enhancement 18 Dec 2013
- Speaker - Important Concepts and Frameworks Focusing on the Intersection between International Business and Entrepreneurship (International Entrepreneurship) 4 Sept 2013. UTAR University
- Speaker – Risk Management in SME. 15-17 March 2013
- Speaker - Financial Management and Wealth Enhancement. 7-8 Dec 2012
- Speaker – Foreign Exchange Market. Financial Traders Workshop
- Invited Speaker – Investigative and Forensic Accounting Workshop. 13 April 2007. Monash University.