New Era University College Library is located on the ground floor of Block B. It occupies a total floor area of about 30,000 square feet spreading over three levels. Level One comprises the service counter, reference section, Chinese/English/Bahasa Malaysia books section and magazines section. Level Two consists of Resource Centre for Nanyang University, Fang Xiu Collection Section, Lee Yip Lim Collection Section, reading section, computer area and discussion room. Level Three houses the leisure reading section, Lee Kim Chong Collection Section, Chinese books section and the library office. The library has about 380 seats for reading, library also provide wireless internet service. The operation of the library is fully computerized. Through the OPAC system, students can check on book information, renew their borrowed books and place their bookings for specific books.
Opening hours for the library are as follows:
Library will be closed on following date:
8/6/2020 Yang Di-Pertuan Agong's Birthday
Library will implement zero-contact service with the following measures to prevent spreading of Covid-19, below are reminders for temporary adjustments:
1. Opening time: 8.30am-5.00pm (Monday-Friday); 8.30am-12.30pm (Saturday).
2. The Library will only provide service for book borrowing and returning starting from 6th May 2020. Other services will be suspended until further notice.
3. All bookshelves will be managed as ‘closed shelves’. If you wish to borrow books, please make an online reservation (https://forms.gle/DchH6dhn9vPZyzfUA) and collect from the Library at given specific time.
4. A Temporary Book Return Station will be set up outside the Library. Please return your books at the station during opening hours (09:00-10:00 and 14:00-15:00).
5. Please wear your own personal face masks when enter the Library and at all times; keep at least 1.5m social distance whilst in the premise; use hand sanitizer provided by the Library before entering.
For enquiries, please call 03-87392770 (extension 517) or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.