||Economic History, Political History, Overseas Chinese Business
- Lecturer at the University of Malaya (1973)
- Professor of the University of Malaya (1993)
- Visiting Professor at Peking University
|MEMBERSHIP OF ADVISORY BOARDS COMMITTEES / PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
- Research Editor at Star Publications (1998-2008).
- Senior Research Fellow of Institute of China Studies, University of Malaya (2010-2017).
- Visiting Fellow, Harvard-Yenching Institute, Harvard University.
- Visiting Fellow at Koninklik Institut voor Taal, Land en Volkunde, Leiden, The Netherlands.
- Visiting Fellow at Cambridge University, England.
- Kam Hing Lee, The May Tragedy in Malaysia: A Collection of Essays, B. Kinlay for Monash University Malaysia-Singapore Students' Association, 1969.
- Kam Hing Lee, Politics in Perak 1969-1974: Some preliminary observations with particular reference to the non-Malay political parties, Kuala Lumpur :Jabatan Sejarah, Universiti Malaya, 1977.
- Kam Hing Lee & Poh Ping Lee, Some socio-economic aspects of Perak society, Malaysia, Tokyo: Institute of Developing Economies, 1978.
- Kam Hing Lee, Harold A. Crouch, Michael Ong, Malaysian Politics and the 1978 Election, Oxford University Press, 1980.
- Kam Hing Lee, Robert Hunt, John Roxborogh, Christianity in Malaysia: a denominational history, Pelanduk Publications, 1992.
- Kam Hing Lee, The Sultanate of Aceh: Relations with the British 1760-1824, Oxford University Press, 1995.
- Kam Hing Lee, Education and Politics in Indonesia, 1945-1965, University of Malaya Press, 1995.
- Kam Hing Lee & Mun Seong Chow, Biographical dictionary of the Chinese in Malaysia, Pelanduk Publications, 1997.
- Kam Hing Lee& Chee Beng Tan, The Chinese in Malaysia, Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Kam Hing Lee, A Matter of Risk: Insurance in Malaysia, 1826-1990, University of Hawaii Press, 2012.
|ARTICLE IN ACADEMIC JOURNALS
- Kam Hing Lee & Danny Wong Tze Ken, "Multi-Culturalism at the Fringe: Christianity and the Indigenous Communities in Malaysia", Universitas-Monthly Review of Philosophy and Culture, 2013.
- Kam Hing Lee, Poh Ping Lee & Kee Cheok Cheong, "Chinese overseas remittances to China: the perspective from Southeast Asia", Journal of Contemporary Asia, 2013.
- Kam Hing Lee, Kwan Hoong Ng & Danny Wong Tze Ken, "Dr Sun Yat-sen (1866 C1925): medical doctor and China’s founding president", Singapore Medical Journal, 2013.
- Kam Hing Lee, "A Neglected Story: Christian missionaries,Chinese New Villagers, and Communists in the Battle for the hearts and minds in Malaya", Modern Asian Studies, 2013.
- Kam Hing Lee, Poh Ping Lee & Kee Cheok Cheong, "Robert Kuok: Family, Dialect, and State in the Making of a Malaysian Magnate", Australian Economic History Review, 2013.
- Kam Hing Lee, "Singapore as a Regional Film Hub in the 1950s and 1960s", Asian Culture, 2014.
- Kam Hing Lee, Kwan Hoong Ng & Danny Wong Tze Ken, "Dr Wu Lien-teh: moderning post-1911 China's public health service", Singapore Medical Journal, 2014.
- Kam Hing Lee, "Aceh-Penang Maritime Trade and Chinese Mercantile Networks in the Nineteenth Century ", Archipel, 2014.
- Kam Hing Lee, Poh Ping Lee & Kee Cheok Cheong, "Developers and Speculators: Housing, Ethnic Chinese Business and the Asian Financial Crisis in Malaysia", Journal of Contemporary Asia, 2014.
- Kam Hing Lee, Poh Ping Lee & Kee Cheok Cheong, "The internationalization of family firms: Case histories of two Chinese overseas family firms", Business History, 2015.
- Kee Cheok Cheong, Kam Hing Lee & Poh Ping Lee, "Surviving Financial Crises: The Chinese overseas in Malaysia and Singapore during the Great Depression and Asian Financial Crisis ", Journal of Contemporary Asia, 2015.
- Kam Hing Lee, "State Policy, Community Identity, and Management of Chinese Cemeteries in Colonial Malaya", Archipel, 2016.
- Poh Ping Lee, Kee Cheok Cheong & Kam Hing Lee, "From Patrimonialism to Profit: The Changing Flow of Funds from the Chinese in Malaysia to China", Journal of Contemporary Asia, 47(5):607-703, 2017.